Monday, April 13, 2015

Simon Says Stamp April card kit

I have a couple of cards to share today that I made using the April Simon Says Stamp card kit.  This is a fabulous kit, one of my favorites so far.  I LOVE the kraft and gold paper that was included in the kit, it's really versatile and works well with many different types of projects. 

My first card is a festive one combining kit items (papers and sentiment stamp) with some PTI dies (cupcake, candles, banner).


I added some Heidi Swap gold shimmer mist to the card base (hard to see in the photo), and glossy accents to the candles flames.  The sentiment is embossed in gold.


My next card goes in an entirely different direction.









I did the acetate smooshing technique on some watercolor paper using distress inks and then cut it with a Spellbinder scallop edged die.  The gold rub on leaves and sentiment are from the April kit.  The little felt flowers were cut using a PTI die.  I added a strip of washi tape (from the kit) on a piece of PTI vellum and attached everything to a white card base.

Hope you've enjoyed seeing these cards, thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing!! The one with the cupcake looks good enough to eat! The one with flowers is beautiful too. "Grow your dreams Like Flowers", where does the quote come from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if there's an original quote source, it was in a pack of rub-ons in the SSS kit. Thanks for your kind compliments, Raven :)

      Delete
  2. Just happened to stumble on your new blog and am so glad to see you back! Missed you!! Beautiful cards today--love the fun cupcake and the gorgeous watercolor design! Lovely sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete