Thursday, July 16, 2015

MFT Summer School Lesson #7

Hello!  Well I'm back at it, part 2 of My Favorite Things Summer School is in session this week.  I have a lot of other things I'm working on this week but I'm going to try and fit in as many of the lessons as I can.  Today's card is for lesson #7 Complimentary Colors.  I need to keep a color chart handy because I can never remember which colors are complimentary.  Luckily MFT provides one on their blog so I need to print that out and paste it to my craft room wall :)




With my prize winnings from the first session of MFT Summer School I was able to buy some new goodies, and this adorable little girl and sentiment were from a couple of the stamp sets I got, Sweet BD Wishes and Brushstroke Birthday.  I'm not very good at Copic coloring, so with images such as this I LOVE to paper piece!  I did color her hair with Copics though.  My complimentary color choices for this card are blue/green, and opposite that, red/orange.





For the sentiment I inked up half the stamp with PTI Berry Sorbet and the other half with PTI Aqua Mist.  I cut some tiny hearts from Winnie & Walter dies and placed them on the cupcake, and a few on my card, then I added some glossy accents on top.

I really LOVE how this card turned out, and I know I'm going to have a lot of fun dressing this little cutie in different dresses in the future :)

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment