Saturday, May 28, 2016

Mwah, you shouldn't have!

Hello!  I'm up on the CAS-ual Friday blog today with a very lush and colorful card!




This card was a labor of love!  I wanted to create a very lush, tropical, vibrant feeling, and I think I achieved that.  You can probably tell by my card how much I'm longing for a vacation on a tropical isle lol!





To make my card I started by cutting out the green and blue stems using the CAS-ual Tree Fri-Dies and PTI card stock (New Leaf and Hawaiian Shores).  Next I covered a piece of watercolor paper with a variety of shades of yellow and orange from my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor set.  After I was done coloring I added some water drops (you can see those on some of the bigger flowers if you look closely, doing this actually removes some of the color), and then when the paper was dry I added some fine, black splatter, just a little bit because I didn't want it to overpower the colors.  Next I used 2 of the flowers from Friendly Flowers Fri-Dies to cut the watercolor paper.  I also used the tiny flower shapes from Fun-Fetti Fri-Dies to make the tiniest flowers, and the white centers for the big flowers.  I assembled everything around the card to "frame" it, adding and taking away to make it look just like I wanted it to, then I glued everything down.  The word "Mwah" is from the stamp set Mwah.  I absolutely LOVE the font in this set!  The "you shouldn't have" is from the stamp set Thanks.  I stamped that on black card stock and embossed in white.

I hope this gives you some new ideas of how to use your CAS-ual Friday stamps and dies.  I have a discount code below for you to use at the CAS-ual Friday store if you want to pick up any of the supplies I used today.  Thanks so much for stopping by!





6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning, so intricate and beautiful and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane. I saw this over on the CAS-ual Friday's blog and wow....this is my new fav of yours. AMAZING work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pop over from CAS-ual Fridays...with my mouth hanging open. It's a good thing it's hinged or my jaw would have hit the floor. Now that I'm typing this, I realize there are now words to express how amazing this card is. How about SPECTACULAR?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AMAZING!!! WOW... that diecuts all over :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! You really captured the tropical look. Love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete