Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Prayers

Hello, friends!  Today I have a card to share that I made for 2 challenges, the Winnie & Walter Rerun No. 10 / In Bloom: Addie's Garden, and CAS(E) this Sketch #172.



















To make my card I cut a piece of white card stock using the Sugar Pea Design rectangle zig zag die.  I love the subtle detail it adds to my card!  Next I stamped the hydrangea image from In Bloom: Addie's Garden using Wplus9 Cockleshell ink.  I made a mask of the flower and covered it so I could stamp the leaves using Wplus9 Beanstalk ink.  I used the "prayers" die from Winnie & Walter's The Big, the Bold and Comfort Cutaways and centered it on the flower and cut.  I also cut a piece of thin gold adhesive specialty paper to cut the word prayers a second time.  I laid the first piece that I cut out back in the card front, and laid the gold piece over top of that.  I finished the card with a few gold sequins. 

This card is much more CAS than usual for me.  I think for a card like this though, which could be used as a sympathy card, or a card for someone who is struggling, simple is probably best :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

6 comments:

  1. Such a lovely CAS design! The addition of some gold looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the hydrangea to mimic the sketch. So clever and beautifully CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Diane! That outline is so serene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple is best in my opinion and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Diane! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome take on both challenges, Diane! Thank you so much for joining in on our Rerun Challenge. :-)

    ReplyDelete