Monday, June 13, 2016

Congrats

Why hello there, so happy you stopped by!  I have a card to share with you today that I made for 2 challenges, Winnie & Walter's The Gossip Column with Taheerah Atchia No. 4/Spectrum, and Virginia's View Challenge #22 All About Colors.









To make this card I started by using a sponge dauber and some white pigment ink which I applied through Winnie & Walter's Madison Creative Screenings stencil onto Kraft card stock.  I wish I'd taken a picture so you could see that step but I didn't.  All of the stencil openings were filled with the white ink though if you can picture that.  I waited until the next day to add the color so that I knew the white pigment ink was completely dry (you could also hit it with your heat tool, you just want to make sure it's dry).  I placed the stencil back on the paper but this time I shifted it slightly so that some of the white pigment ink would show though.  I believe this technique is called "ghosting".  Next I applied a rainbow of distress inks to my card using an ink blending tool.  The "colors" covered over most of the white area so it mutes them a bit, giving a very soft look.  I die cut several roses and leaves using Winnie & Walter's In Bloom: Maggie's Roses Cutaways.  You can't see it in this picture but for the solid bottom layer of the roses I used white glitter paper, it looks so gorgeous in real life!  I cut 4 of the word "congrats" (also from Winnie & Walter), glued them together to create depth, and then topped it off with some glossy accents.  Before I attached the roses and sentiment to my card I added some white paint splatters, I think this always adds so much to a colorful card like this.  I finished my card with some Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins.  I do love how this turned out and I think it will make a perfect wedding card.


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Diane, I love your sponging and the white roses outlines are lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color mix and sponging (with the stencil) are superb!! Love this, Diane! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All about Colors” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Your details amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Diane! Such a pretty background for that beautiful white flower cluster!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty version of a rainbow. Love the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card, Diane! Love your rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous rainbow background! Love the soft shades with the pretty white flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very beautiful and unique card!! I really love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I can't believe you started with a kraft panel! Such a great technique and I love how the colours have blended so well! Great bold statement with the flower too! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

    ReplyDelete